From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 14:07:26 -0700
>Cows can't digest grains?  What does grain have to do with eating beef raw?
Should I opt for
>antibiotic injected/hormone injected grass-fed cows?  My options are the
supermarkets or Whole
>Foods for meat that is antibiotic/hormone free.  (I can barely afford it).
Cows digestive system need lot of roughage to digest properly , they have
never been able to find naked big seeds all along their evolution before
neolithic time.
before the wild seeds are small and eaten with all the enveloppe and straw.
The fact that you can fatten up a cow with grain is the proof that it is not
their original food.
For optimum health we need grass fed and antibiotic hormones free. They go
together because it is not practical to give hormones or antibiotic to
animals that are free range and they don't need it ever, because you can't
fatten up  and makes sick very easely a cow eating grass .
jean-claude