From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2008 20:13:05 +0100
Well, tongue is the easiest to get used to, IMO - you could also try (grassfed) suet and marrow. Of course, it really helps if you are brought up by health-conscious parents who give you organ-meats in your first 5 years of life, as that's the time when we develop food-habits for the rest of our lives.

Liver, kidneys are more difficult to get used to, and you'd probably have to leave things like brains, sweetbreads etc. etc. for much later(though there are popular national dishes the world over which provide every conceivable organ-meat there is, so it's just a question of getting into the habit) -

Geoff "Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognised. In the first it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, and in the third it is regarded as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer. http://www.rawpaleo.com/ http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/rawpaleodiet/ > Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:06:30 -0700> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Newbie Question - Organ Meats> To: [log in to unmask]> > Hi all-> > I haven't eaten organ meat because I am very afraid. What does it all taste> like?> > On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Larry Magee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:> > > Hi, I've been on the Paleo Diet for one month after being on the Zone Diet> > for over a year. They're fairly similar diets. The main difference is> > that> > on the Paleo Diet I've eliminated dairy and soy sources of protein and> > replaced it with more meat and fish, and I've really cut back on salt. I> > wasn't really overweight when I started Zone but my cholesterol and> > triglycerides were bad. They cleared right up on the Zone Diet and I'm> > trying the Paleo Diet to see if it will clear up my daily stuffy nose and> > inflamation around some injured tendons.> >> > My question -> >> > The Paleo Diet recommends lean meat but also recommends organ meats that> > are> > very high fat, like beef sweetbreads and tongue (see www.nutritiondata.com> > ).> > These organs from the young animal (veal) aren't too high in fat, but> > would> > probably hard to find.> >> > I'm assuming there are a lot of Paleo Dieters that eat the beef sweetbreads> > and tongue. Is the high fat okay? Also, all the organ meats are pretty> > high in cholesterol. What is the answer about that?> >> > Regards,> >> > Larry Magee> >>
Play and win great prizes with Live Search and Kung Fu Panda
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/101719966/direct/01/