From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 10:28:54 -0500
On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, John C. Pavao wrote:

> There are examples of peoples eating
> a meat diet with no ill effects, and I will tell you personally that I need
> no fiber added to get the job done when I'm eating according to the rules.

But there are also examples of people eating a meat diet *with*
ill effects, such as my own case and that of Karsten Andersen.
What we don't know is whether those ill effects could be avoided
by the use of fiber.  And don't forget that according to the
Paleolithic Prescription, another set of opinions about
paleolithic eating, the paleolithic level of dietary fiber was
extremely high by today's standards.  For us, it would be almost
impossible to get to that level without supplementation.

> 3.  I agree with this insofar as I have seen that removing the causative
> factors has not caused my body to revert to normal size <g>.  I think that
> the supposition that restoring the system to initial conditions will
> restore the system to initial state should be qualified by the degree of
> damage done during the period during which conditions were degraded.
>  People who are not as damaged as I am respond to this type of diet by
> reverting completely.  Others such as myself apparently cannot.

Or, alternatively, you have inherited a recent genotype that
simply didn't exist in paleolithic times, so that all bets are
off.  Possibly the same is true for me with my cholesterol
problem.

Todd Moody