From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 12:48:00 EDT
>>As for the rest, you as the parent are choosing to feed your
daughter appropriate foods.  You can control the introduction of
healthy
foods just as easily as you can control her access to unhealthy foods
and poisons.  If it's not within her reach, she can't grab it.

The only non-paleo food in the house is DH's coffee. DD has never had
the
opportunity to eat unhealthy foods or poisons...BUT is getting runny
nose
from paleo foods she grabs from my plate.

LLL even recommends that you allow a child to eat from your plate.
Martha
Sears suggests placing some food from your own plate onto the table so
baby
can sit on your lap and eat it with you.

But I eat a very diverse diet. I don't eat carrots every day, or
peaches, or
whatever. Which is why I am wondering if it is more advisable for me
to keep
a supply of pemmican or home pureed carrots or bananas around, so she
can
eat the same thing each day as opposed to eating from my paleo plate.
some extent this is what I have been doing, but allowing her to also
eat
from my plate because she wants to. (LLL says "listen to the baby, not
the
calendar")

What worked for your paleo one year old? Thanks.
Stacie