From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 15:00:52 -0500
On Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:20:41 EDT, Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I wrote:
><<
> I'd prefer butter. --- Well - I don't have butter at home.
> Much better is almond paste (white hmmm) or tahini
> or pumpkin seed paste.
> If you have something to spread it on.
>  >>

Charles:
>I don't think these are "better". The most happy and healthy people the
>peripatetic dentist Weston Price found in his travels in the 1920s and 30s
>were people that lived mainly on one or more of three things: seafood,
animal
>organ meats, and unprocessed animal and dairy products, particularly butter
>from cows fed on spring grass in the high alpine meadows. ....

I wouldn't want to make a case against butter.
Sometimes it tastes great and I'm aware of W.Prices findings.
That's just my personal preferrence.
I think the good protein content of it will play it's role.
In addition these ground nuts have a very good EFA part
and some very interesting other befenicial substances.
Think of sesamin...

Once I happen to get a piece of butter home made from a farmer
.... that's really a difference compared to what you can buy in shops.
Even compared to organic shops (HFS you call I think).

Cheers

Amadeus