From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 13:17:59 -0500
I agree with you. Sugar and other refined carbohydrates are the major culprit,
but saying such things as "the less fat you eat, the fatter you become", or
"carbohydrates don't count" is probably wrong, or at least lacks scientific
evidence.

A few months ago, I saw on TV ("Jenny Jones") 2-year old kids who weigh 70 lbs:
their diet is high in fat (and carbohydrates), and they all eat A LOT, perhaps
3500 calories (I forgot the exact figure).