From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:36:08 GMT
Siobhan is right. Antiobiotics are for bacterial infections, not
viral. The
cold is (and the flu also is) a viral infection. There are antiviral
drugs
but it is better to allow non-life threatening viral infections run
their
course. (Yes, even chicken pox.) Otherwise we breed "superflu bugs".
In my former life as a pharmacy technican, I saw a great many people
getting
antibiotic after antibiotic through the winter. These people were
*consequently* always sick.

Speaking of chicken pox, what the hell are they thinking with this
chicken
pox vax? One of it's possible side effects is SHINGLES in INFANTS!!! I
realize that varicella zoster lays dormant in the body after
naturally-acquired chicken pox infection and can resurface in old age
as
painful shingles....but for an infant to endure this condition?
Cruelty in
the name of modern science.
Please parents, don't give your kids the chicken pox vax!!! They are
children, not guinea pigs!
Stacie