From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2011 19:38:32 -0700
Hi Allan,
That is totally congruent with my understanding too. Some research has
shown higher rates of cancer among untreated celiac disease patients
(1). Other research shows high numbers of fragile sites and aberrations
in lymphocytes of untreated celiac patients (2), yet most of these do
not result in cancerous tumours. The small portion of this chromosome
damage that could develop into cancer is normally sought and destroyed
by natural killer cells before a tumor develops, or very early in tumor
development (1).
1. Hoggan R. Considering wheat, rye, and barley proteins as aids to
carcinogens. Med Hypotheses. 1997 Sep;49(3):285-8.
2. Fundia A, Gómez JC, Mauriño E, Boerr L, Bai JC, Larripa I, Slavutsky
I. Chromosome instability in untreated adult celiac disease patients.
Acta Paediatr Suppl. 1996 May;412:82-4.

best wishes,
Ron

--