From:
Aileen Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 08:13:40 -0500

> I personally could not subject my body to a constant bath of antiviral
> meds, just to avoid symptoms of herpes. Paleo should gradually improve
your
> immune system to a point where cold sores are not a problem, whereas the
> long-term effects of Acyclovir and the like might be serious.
>
> Doctors tend to get loose and weird prescribing these sorts of things,
what
> with sales incentives, free samples, and bogus info from the drug
> companies. I'd think twice.
>
> ginny
>
> All stunts performed without a net!

Actually, Ginny, I agree.  I got sick of having to take a pill every day.
After several months of paleo I was supposed to go back to my derm. in the
spring for another Rx but I never did.  It feels good not to have to rely on
a stupid pill every day and now not having to worry about when the next
outbreak inconveniently and painfully comes.

Don said that since it's a virus diet won't help but like I posted earlier I
have to believe that paleo has strengthened my immune system to better cope
with this.  I also don't need to use the gel anymore for my rosacea.

Aileen