From:
Judy Genova <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 10:47:08 EST
Maybe I'm simpleminded, but here's how I look at the Cordain low fat approach
vs. Eades higher fat approach to paleo eating....

Look out your window.  If starting with your next meal, you had to find
something on the otherside of that piece of glass to sustain you, what would
your options be?

For me, it would be deer, rabbit, wild turkey, grouse, mink,  woodchuck,
beaver, squirrel, snake, wild raspberries, wild grapes, wild apples, wild
elderberries, jerusalem artichokes, phragmites,  dandelion greens, mustard
greens, poke, milkweed, hickory nuts, acorns,  black walnuts, lake trout,
lake salmon, smelt, bass, pike.

That's about as paleo as I can get.  So, some of these meats are very lean,
while others are real fatty (beaver, for example).  I think it all balance
out in the wash. And I'm not suggesting that we only forage for our food, but
if we use nature as our template, its seems pretty obvious that there is a
certain balance inherent in the system.

Take a minute, a try this exercise.  See what you come up with.....

Have a delicious New Year everyone!

Cheers,

Judy Genova, cavegirl