From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 09:19:45 -0700
Mary wrote:

> David, what cuts do you buy??

I usually buy roasts and cut off pieces as needed. Sometimes I buy steak
cuts but usually chuck. To save money I frequently point to their ground
beef and ask if the have any that has NOT been ground yet. I can usually
buy this at ground beef prices. I usually try to get extra fat.

> do you think the bacteria that grow are helping your health?

Bacteria are everywhere. I feel that are bodies are supposed to be in
balance with their environment and that bacteria are part of it. To try
an artificially control bacteria probably does more harm to our bodies
internal balance that the bacteria would. So in this sense my answer is
yes.

> I have read that this type of meat is very healthful. (with lots of
> bacteria in it)

> How do you store your meat? Do you cover it in the fridge or let it
> air in the fridge?

I prefer it uncovered with the air allowed to circulate around it.
However I have gotten complaints from the people who I share the
refrigerator with so until I can get my own I store it covered.

> Is your meat all pasture fed, or is some of it grain fed?

It is not all pasture fed. That is not as available to me. I buy no
hormone, no antibiotic meat that has been had some grain feeding before
slaughter.