From:
Philip Thrift <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 16:47:56 -0400
On Fri, 6 Oct 2000 13:08:47 -0700, Wally Day <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Phillip wrote:
>
>> Healthier to microwave cook meats, <snip>
>
>Phillip, when I wrote the original post I did think of
>you and your microwaved meats. I don't know. I have
>tried microwaving meats in the past and they never
>seemed to turn out right. Maybe I did something wrong?

I've done this so much in the past 2 years and I am now at
a point that I am practically 100% successful in doing this -- with
the result being tasty and juicy. One mistake I made at first
is adding *any* form of a liquid (say a BBQ sauce) to the meat. It
works so much better to just use dry spices. Here are some of
the principles I follow:

* use a 2 qt glass microwave cooking casserole dish with cover
* choose a 3/4 lb to 1 lb portion of meat (no more than this) at a
time
  e.g. chichen breast, thighs, porkloin, ribeye, ny strip, red snapper
* meat should be BONELESS, SKINLESS and < 1 inch thick
* use a WIDE variety of dry ground spices to keep things interesting
--
  I use right now cilantro (really love this), garlic powder, black
pepper,

Always tastes great to me!

Feedback welcome,

Philip Thrift