From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 06:58:26 -1000
Amadeus (on marrow):
>Maybe the difference is from the very high water content in my
>analyse:
>74g water
> 5g fat
>20g protein
>If you use a less fresh marrow (less water) of course the
>fat contents go up.
>Looks right.
>At least you have 25% as of the protein weight as fat.
>That is paleolithcally a top value for our climate.

Marrow simply isn't low in fat. Like Hans, I question where these stats are
from or is there a translation difficulty or what. Anyone who has eaten
marrow knows it is not mostly water, nor 4:1, protein:fat. It is similar to
butter. This reminds me of when you found some stats that said there was no
EPA or DHA in human breast milk...

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft