From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 03:17:02 -0500
> I telephoned Ian Billinghurst this morning and he is actually already
eating
> Paleo himself and has a copy of Neanderthin! I've emailed him the group's
> details, so maybe we'll hear from him soon. We can all have Paleopooches.

As wolves and humans eat the same diet in Nature, I look foward to hearing
from him!

One early proponent of commercial dog-food was Dr. John Harvey Kellogg.  In
the late 19th century he often demonstrated two wolves, one fed meat and one
fed corn kibble.  The vegan animal was extremely passive and cowered in his
cage.  The animal fed a wolf diet behaved in normal wolf fashion.  Thus
Kellogg extolled the "improved temperament" that could be obtained in your
dog by feeding him convenient, inexpensive (though highly profitable) dry
dog food.

Of course, we now recognize this "improved temperament" as canine depression
and kibble dog food is often supplemented by Prozac.
This "Improved temperament" is often referred to on this list as "brain
fog".

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"