From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:08:35 +1000
 >I have put some key words into google so you can click and >read.
 >http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF->8&q=hypercalcemia&b
to G=Google+Search
these relate to hypercalcemia, a disease usually arising form idiopathic
hyperthyroidism or cancer. what does this have to do with your original
claim: that artificial calcium builds up but natural forms don't?  you still
havent even defined what you consider to be natural and artificial forms of
calcium.

 >http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF->8&q=excess+of+calcium
this refers to excess of calcium. again, this doesnt help for the same
reasons.

 >http://www.anapsid.org/hypercal.html
this refers to excess calcium in lizards. i dont think this is relevant.
 >Do a search on toxicity of vit? or a mineral.
www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=toxicity+of+vitamins+and
+minerals&btnG=Google+Search
http://www.doclocke.com/natural.htm
http://archive.food.gov.uk/dept_health/pdf/evmpdf/evm4.pdf
http://www.westsussex.nhs.uk/improving_health/diet_and_nutrition/vitamins_an
d_minerals.cfm

would it be correct to say you actually have no idea if artificial vitamins
build up in the body, whereas their natural counterparts
are flushed out in excess?
after all, how does a artificial B vitamin build up when it is water
soluble?
and how does a natural vitamin A not build up when it is oil-soluble? what i
want is a reference to a scientific study which shows this actually happens.
can you provide ONE scientific reference to you claim?

 >I do not know of any green vegetable or dried fruit which is a good source
 >of calcium. can you name the actual plants you have in mind?

 >They may not be as high as milk or dairy products but a good >balanced diet
containing brocolli, green leafy veggies, collard >greens, kale, eggs, nuts
etc will give a good balanced source >of calcium. Check on

broccoli contains about 48mg calcium per 100 grams. so to get 1 gram of
calcium [which i think undershoots the mark somewhat] you would need to eat
2kg of broccoli. do you seriously regard this as a viable source of calcium?
http://health.fortworks.com/nutdata.php3?Item=11742

 >Vit A from plant sources are not as bioavailable as those from >animal
sources,
let's be quite clear: vitamin A [retinoic acid] is not found in any plants.
its not good enough to be so slipshod as to confuse this. it might be ok for
a complete layperson to say there is vitamin A in carrots. but not if you
ant to learn soemthing or put yourself forward as an authority as Dr
Schvitsman does.

I'm not sure about his claim with vitamin B12. Maybe he was talking about a
fortified carrot juice. Too many foods are now fortified, upsetting balance.

 >http://www.unm.edu/~ehpp/nut1.htm
an interesting read. but now i would like to ask if you have read any
scientific studies which also supports the idea promoted by Dr Schvitsman?

 >This idea was also formed from reading about the toxic effects >of vitamins
and minerals. Especially the fat soluble ones that >are stored in the body.
The one thing that comes out of all this >is that no vitamin, or mineral
works alone. They all depend on >each other. When you upset the ratios
things go very wrong.
these are all worthy points and no one disputes them. but they werent the
points you were originally making.

 >Are you just playing devils advocate?
not at all. i was asking for evidence to back up your claims. you still have
not provided any.

 >I don't understand why you eat paleo if you think supplements >are needed
or are Ok.
Ive explained why: I cant stand the taste of liver and kidney, and i dont
have access to sea mammals. also shellfish is too exprensive to be eaten a
lot.

 >I Think it is better to listen to my body rather then scientific >research
because it is limited
i would like to have both. others would too. but you could have just stated
from the beginning that this is what you believe, even though there is no
scientific evidence.  That's quite acceptable. what is not acceptable is to
pretend there is scientific evidence to back your claim when there is none,
or when you are unable to provide any.

andrew