From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 11:28:10 -0400
> >I know that butter is not paleo, but have not found any other source for
> >fat.>  When eating paleo doesn't meat (beef) and avocados and nuts
provide
> >enough fat or do we need to eat more fat on top of what is in those
things?

I don't know. I use a lot of butter. It is my primary fat.  When I cook I
use fat. I cook vegetables and tubers and meat with fat. I used to use
goosefat but butter is more convenient. I have used duckfat and beef fat and
will continue to do so, but butter doesn't seem to hurt me and I love the
taste. I also tend to cook with some olive oil, although I can't see how
olive oil is really paleo -- olives are not really edible raw, are they?
Anything that is "excessively concentrated" isn't strictly speaking paleo,
so it depends upon how orthodox you want to be in your religion.

Nuts, avocados and most vegetable fat sources are very imbalanced in their
poly unsaturated fatty acid (PUFA) fat composition. It is very hard to get
balanced fat from vegetable sources which are high in omega 6 and 9 and low
in omega 3.

--Richard