From:
Larry Magee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2008 14:00:59 -0400
Hi, I've been on the Paleo Diet for one month after being on the Zone Diet
for over a year.  They're fairly similar diets.  The main difference is that
on the Paleo Diet I've eliminated dairy and soy sources of protein and
replaced it with more meat and fish, and I've really cut back on salt.  I
wasn't really overweight when I started Zone but my cholesterol and
triglycerides were bad.  They cleared right up on the Zone Diet and I'm
trying the Paleo Diet to see if it will clear up my daily stuffy nose and
inflamation around some injured tendons.

My question -

The Paleo Diet recommends lean meat but also recommends organ meats that are
very high fat, like beef sweetbreads and tongue (see www.nutritiondata.com).
 These organs from the young animal (veal) aren't too high in fat, but would
probably hard to find.

I'm assuming there are a lot of Paleo Dieters that eat the beef sweetbreads
and tongue.  Is the high fat okay?  Also, all the organ meats are pretty
high in cholesterol.  What is the answer about that?

Regards,

Larry Magee