From:
tsayonah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 07:44:23 -0500
Erik Hill wrote:
> I've been paleo for
> 3 years now and am really enjoying it, but still had some problems with
> dehydration, anxiety, sleeplessness, and also some GI problems.
snip
> Am I eating too
> little carbohydrates (carbs come from fruit for me, as I'm allergic to
> almost everything else)?

Dunno if this applies to you or not, but your symptoms sound
very much like mine when I get into a food that disagrees.
My troubles are allergies and a damaged gut lining from
eating things I shouldn't have just about since birth.  I
started paleo just a couple three months back and noticed I
wanted more salt (before I used hardly any).  I am
supplementing my paleo eating with an intensive month of
careful treatment of the damages that have allowed the
allergies (leaky gut, digestive disturbances from damage
etc).  I am following advice I got from a book called
*Allergy Free* put out by a group called Alternative
Medicine.  Sorry, don't remember the author and the book is
out on loan.  It is mostly a case of identifying the foods
that cause troubles and avoiding them while taking some
supplements designed to return the gut to proper working
order.  One of the suggestions was raw organic cabbage
juice, which rang a bell when you said kraut helped you.
You might want to see if you can lay hands on this book and
if the info there would help.  Got my copy at the local
health food store.  Couldn't hurt.

Good luck!

--
   Elisi Tsayonah, AniWodi, ghigau,