From:
Sam Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 00:58:54 -0600
>I am very interested in finding out if any of the canned fish (tuna, =
>salmon, mackerel, sardines.....) available at the supermarket is =
>considered to be OK for the paleo diet.; if so which brand are OK to =
>eat.

If you have a Whole Foods near you, they sell a store brand canned
Tongol
tuna that contains nothing but tuna and spring water, with no
hydrolized
nasties included. They have both salted and salt-free varieties
available,
and it is cheaper than what the supermarkets sell.

Also, related to the roe discussion, last week on a fishing trip I
caught a
trout that was pre-spawn, and it was full of eggs. It was the first
spawning female I've ever caught, and I balked at eating the roe...has
anyone ever tried trout roe? I assume its similar to salmon roe, since
trout is a salmonid, but I chickened out at the idea of trying it.
Does it
need to be just be removed from the sac and eaten as is? I'll be there
again this weekend and would like to try it (If I can catch one, that
is).

Thanks,
Sam