From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2009 14:11:11 -0500
Date:    Sun, 1 Feb 2009 08:18:18 EST
From:    Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: high b/p

> Here are a few other thoughts.  First is that food allergies
> and/or intolerances can cause elevations in blood pressure.
> Second is that you may be deficient in magnesium.  Our
> soil and the crops grown on them are deficient in
> magnesium.  I would suggest taking a product such as
> Magna-Calm or Natural Calm (unsweetened versions) in
> hot water before bedtime.Another option to try is to up
> your intake of celery. Try to eat the leaves as well as the stems.

If the soil is deficient in magnesium, will not the celery which
grows in that soil also be deficient in magnesium?

> Lastly, there is evidence that cocoa powder can lower blood
> pressure. If you are not super strict paleo, then why not try
> raw cocoa powder mixed with stevia and water or a bit of
> organic dark chocolate a few times a week

Most organic food shops sell [dried fermented] cocoa 'beans'
and cocoa nibs (crushed cocoa beans).

Dagoba brand 100% cocoa chocolate bars are sugar-free:

http://www.dagobachocolate.com/prodinfo.asp?number=1116%2E02

Keith