From:
Janice Hopper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:00:04 -0500
From:    Dori Zook
Rachel Matesz says:

>>It is possible to eat fresh fruit daiy, even several times per day, and be
>>trim; I am.

>Yes, but can each and every one of us eat fruit once or more per day and GET
>trim?  Maybe.  Fruit makes me feel bloated at first, followed by ravenous
>hunger pangs and, in many cases, an insatiable desire to take a nap.  So I'm
>sticking with meat and veggies with little if any fruit.  That's what works
>for me.....

Fascinating.  I've been eating Paleo for about 2 weeks now.  I eat a fair amount of fruit (including some dried fruit when I need a "sweets" fix) and so far haven't noticed any bad effects from it.  Based on some of what I've read here, I've started cutting back on fruit a bit, but I really love it!  So it will probably continue to hold a good place in my diet.  I'm sure it's a YMMV thing -- this works for me, but may not for others.

I didn't notice a large weight drop to start like many people mention, but my weight IS dropping.  The REALLY noticeable improvement in my life, though, is that my heartburn is almost completely gone.  This is something I have suffered with EVERY DAY for YEARS.  It's amazing to me to eat something, and not have my esophagus on fire 30 minutes later.

Janice in GA