From:
David Lewandowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 11:42:38 -0700
at 08:01 AM 10/09/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>your protein intake averages at 300g , this are about 1300kcal.
>If protein toxicity begins at 35% calories from protein, then you simply
>need to eat at least additional 2600 kcal from fat.

        I usually eat closer to 5-6000kcal/day.

>For example at days with  3lbs of meat.
>No problem, just eat the fat meat variety (17%), then you get
>Energie:         3776.1 kcal
>protein:          292.1  g
>Fat:              256.5  g
>
>Perfect inuit style or late paleolithicum style nutrition.
>The question still open is where the fat would come from in a savannah.

        Organs and bone marrow.

>Vitamin A toxicity should not be expected below the tenfold or fivefold
>of RDA. At tenfold RDA i read about toxicity cases in childrens.

        I'm 37.

>Since vitamin A accumulates in the body (over the years) it will also
>be a funtion of time.

        Is 20-25 years long enough? Probably the amount of time I've
been well
over the RDA(maybe not always 10X's).

>>I was also supposed to have died of
>>food poisoning from all the raw meat I eat.
>
>I think there are some indications that eating the meat raw
>lessens the acidic burden the protein digestion has.

        What exactly is the acidic burden of protein digestion?

>David Karas, once reported to have had a quite neutral pH when eating
>meat raw (but together with fruit).
>Ever cared to measure your pH?

        No. I don't see it to be necessary. I don't believe myself
intelligent as
the innate wisdom that runs the body and prefer to go by instinct
rather
than what my very inadequate educated mind could come up with. I do
not
wish to control my pH(pH of what I don't know?) as my nervous system
does
that job to the best of it's ability far better than I ever could.

>>I eat this way to support my
>>above average muscle mass and strength.
>
>At least you'll have to work out much because you have quite many kalories
>to burn off (3700 or so).

        Many more than that usually. To support muscle takes calories
even at
rest. It also takes considerable protein to maintain existing mass.
Recovery from workouts takes considerable amounts of protein. I
workout
once a week with weights right now taking about 30 minutes to train.
Even
when training for a powerlifting contest I train this infrequently or
less.

>>Germanic warriors used to eat this
>>way
>What references do you have for this claim?

        I like watching discovery type programs. A program was done on
various
armies down through the ages. They went over how they fought, what
clothing
they wore, their lifestyles, and the types of food they ate. They were
not
the stay at home type of warrior. They rarely were at one location
very
long and this was one of their greatest threats to others such as the
Romans. The forest were much more alive at that time and contained at
great
amount of animal food. Grains were just not a viable food source to
carry
around in any significant amount. Just like the warriors from the
Asiatic
Steppes the Germanic warriors kept jerky under their saddle. They also
would make beer about once a month. This was one of their uses of
grains.

>I venture to doubt the 1-2kg meat per day over a longer period.
>For 2 reasons
>1.) iron age agriculture (or game) animals were probably *much* leaner than
>     17% fat - where should all the fat come from?

        They ate all of the animal not just the muscle.

>2.) iron age agriculture could not produce huge amounts of meat
>    and germanic settlements could not aquire very much game
>    as a *very* big area would be hunted empty for a few warriors.

        True but the men were not in settlements for any great length
of time.

>To my information, germanic warriors as well as viking warriors and
>roman legioners where overwhelmingly powered by cereals.

        Vikings did eat some cereals but the type they ate are vastly
different
from what we see today. Also to be mobile eating grains as a staple
isn't
feasible or necessary. They ate mostly fish. I think people are much
like
wolves in that to pacify you simply need to restrict the intake of
protein
thereby preventing the requisite muscle mass for hand to hand combat.

>Germanic by much oats, which has a energizing effect on the psyche.
>Vikings with barley (and herring). Romans with spelt and emmer.
>
>>and leave those to weak to fight to tend the vegetable gardens with the
>>women(not really so bad) and very little meat.
>
>not really so bad....
>
>>        When is the vegetarian protein toxicity horse shit going to stop?
>
>Do you prefer to ignore the informations from your (our) paleo-diet hero?
>(e.g. http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind0008&L=paleodiet&P=416 )
>
>Amadeus S.

I have no heros unless they don't have to eat, drink, shit, and can
walk
on water.

Dave