Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 2009 07:19:36 -0700
The immune system is attacking the body when these foods are eaten - an
autoimmune response is the allergy.  When we're not challenged by them
early in life, the immune system may not learn to recognize and tolerate
the all of the foods we eat (and it also may not recognize all of the
germs, etc. that it should attack).  -=mark=-