Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:26:30 -0400
On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:06:03 -0400, Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

   Medical science
> used to consider bloodletting and amputations as good treatments.

Still does. It's called phlebotomy, and is standard treatment for iron
overload.

> Personally, I don't buy the acid/alkaline bit in food because (as others
> noted), the stomach is a highly acid environment.

Me too. Tried it, didn't work.
However, IMHO bone broth is a source of otherwise scarce
minerals/nutrients.

>  If your body needs to move some things out of storage (be it bone, fat,
> muscle, or whatever), it will replenish that storage the next time
> nutrients are available.  Not to mention I just don't think humans are
> as fragile as that.  It seems to me that if our primitive forefathers
> had to be concerned with acid/alkiline balances, fat/carb ratios, or
> whatever,  they would have died off before we ever left the trees.

True, but we live in a relatively horrendously nutrient-poor environment.
They were rich.

William