From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 05:32:59 +0100
>Funny how it is always assumed that people are doing something wrong,
>instead of questioning dogma.

>:Medusa:

Well, you are right in that, except in this case there are many of us
who
feel we are really onto something here, and certainly wouldn't call it
dogma considering the amount of experimentation going on. If you are
convinced you have tried what we recommend, carefully and all together
and
not just one item at a time for a few days, and it hasn't worked at
all in
your estimation, well, I guess we can't help.
On the other hand, this is undoubtedly a healthy way to live, by much
scientific evidence, and is likely to produce long term results which
may
or may not agree with your present measures of success, and thus may
be
well worth your attention whether or not you get that weight loss
right
away. If you, for instance, make Paleo a default, and then tailor it
later
to find a way to lose on it, you could be sure in the meantime that
you
were building health.
I for one could not say that at this point about any other school of
nutritional thought. Paleo has provided me with an insurance against
all
kinds of degenerative diseases, an answer to the questions and
illogicalities of Western medicine and dietary theory. That's my
starting
point, and there's no rejecting it, knowing what I know.
I'd advise a second look, and perhaps a longer trial. Also, try not to
be
so strict or hard on yourself that you don't look forward to your
meals.
This is supposed to be something you can live with forever, making
small
but constant and significant gains in health.

ginny and Tomo

All stunts performed without a net!