From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 15:24:54 -0500
From: "mark wilson" <[log in to unmask]>

> > Ever try turnip or jicama?
> > Philip Thrift
>
> No.  I thought jicama was mostly water. I've been using the rice because
it
> works and it's easy.  I probably shold start looking into some paleo
> alternatives though.
>
> Mark

I think wild rice is paleo, actually, as I believe it is edible raw and is
not related to the rice cereal grain. Jicama is nice but it is not dense
enough for me, I can eat jicama and still be carb hungry.

I don't have any problem with rice either. I find myself occasionally eating
rice. I use brown rice and don't eat a lot of it. I think rice has few
problems as a grain although I may be wrong.

Or consider lentils. As Todd has argued, the technology required for lentils
is soaking for a few minutes. You can decide what you think. I think they
are an excellent occasional food and do not cause me the problems that
legumes do (are they a legume?)

--Richard