From:
Sheryl Canter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 12:21:20 EST
In a message dated 11/6/2001 8:52:50 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> What matters are the real reasons, why the body makes too much cholesterol,
> which is a strong indicator for a dangerous situation.
>
> And this I (venture to) attribute to the bad fat composition of farmed
> animal's fat.

Actually, this is not the reason.  The human body should never have to
manufacturer cholesterol.  This is an abnormal condition caused by
insufficient cholesterol in the diet.  When the human body manufactures
cholesterol, it does it without limitation--the natural checks are
sidestepped.  When the human body is getting adequate dietary cholesterol,
the body does not manufacture it at all and blood levels stay within a normal
range.  You can read about this in "The Schwarzbein Principle" by Diane
Schwarzbein, MD.  I think it's in Sally Fallon's book, too, but the
Schwarzbein book addresses it very specifically.

     - Sheryl