From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 04:06:02 -0500
Hi,

some will remember that from time to time I came up with some food analysis
made with a german freeware program. WHich was very quick and handy.
Not I contacted the author for a newer version, and there is one.
It is priced some E$ 500 in the full version.

The good news:
You can have the english version for free at http://www.nutrisurvey.de/
You can choose between the USDA database and the german counterpart,
(the Bundeslebensmittelschluessel) with 11000 food items,
*translated to english*.
And some more country specific databases (india africa etc)
http://www.nutrisurvey.de/databases.htm . And enter own recipes.

The recommendations (RDA's) you can choose between US,german and WHO.
The displayed nutrients you can arrange yourself, like your
own activity level, age, weight.
I like it.

What I'm still missing is a database which contrains the PRAL
(acid/base) load, and antinutrients like thiaminases in black tea
phytin in certain cereals.
And consider it's effects in the same stomach.
I'll suggest that.

regards

Amadeus