From:
Sisyphus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2006 13:23:47 -0500
At 08:57 PM 6/26/06 +0100, Jane Sargeant wrote:
>Sometimes I get so mad at myself for eating rubbish that I know is poison
>to my body

Maybe you're just not scared enough (like William), or angry enough (like
me).  You might want to check out some of the articles I have posted up at
GettingPrimitive.com.  Rather than preaching the "good news" about Paleo, I
tend to concentrate on the scary stuff about the SAD.  (Not to mention all
the other toxins, irritants and stressors our bodies are forced to endure
every day.)

I keep a large (Halloween-sized) bag of candy corn on my bookshelf.  It's
there to remind me how completely disturbing it is that I used to eat about
a pound of sugar a day.  Since I decided to go Paleo, I have had NO desire
to open that bag.  When I walk into a supermarket I am disgusted at how
much poison there is, close to 100% of the entire frikkin store.  If you go
into a "mini-mart" it's even worse - there is literally NOTHING you want to
eat in there.  Zero.  You are literally looking at shelves full of poison
and crap, nothing else.  Can I take your money please?

It's easy to say the word "poison" in a light way, thinking that you are
exaggerating.  But it is *not* an exaggeration.  It is the literal
truth.  Once you realize that we are actually talking about actual POISON,
your attitude toward it will change considerably.

How did I get to that point, from a guy who ate a pound of sugar a day?

Anger.  Disgust.  Revulsion.

Not at the food itself (necessarily) - but rather at the people who
manufacture and sell it.  The people who market it to their target
demographics using flashy advertisements, lobby-driven legal loopholes and
bogus science.  I simply started researching the ingredients, the
manufacturing processes, the deep-pocketed legal lobbies, the
loophole-ridden labeling laws, the diseases and suffering caused by the
lying pawns-whores-agents-provacateurs of the poison food industry, and
said ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.  These bastards are getting RICH by selling CRAP and
KILLING PEOPLE.  They know exactly what they're doing.  They even have the
nerve to justify it by quoting biased research paid for by their corporate
bosses, covering their asses with bullshit laws that protect no one but
their shareholder-accomplices, and doing their damndest to control your
kids' minds before they even have a chance to learn what decent nutrition is.

Every time a person buys a piece of their poison crap and eats it - or
worse yet, feeds it to their children - I see a rich MURDERER buying
himself another house.

Works for me.

- S.

GettingPrimitive.com - A Natural Inquiry
..... Health, Diet, Society and Survival
........ for the Humans of Poison Planet
........ http://www.gettingprimitive.com