From:
Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 10:40:04 CDT
>>JUSTIN WROTE:
>>Older women who desire a hormonal boost respond well to a >>progesterones
>>such as nandrolone decanoate (brand name: Deca >>Durabolin).  At a typical
>>dosage of 50mg injected intramuscularly >>every 5th or 6th day women
>>experience increased lean body mass, fat >>loss, increase in appetite,
>>improved immune function, increased >>libido, and all sorts of things.
>>
>>My advice to women considering hormone replacement therapy is this:

>GINNY RESPONDED:
>Nandrolone is one hell of a long way from natural progesterone, and >not
>something to be considered lightly. You betcha they'll increase >lean body
>mass, along with aggressive tendencies, body hair, and >deeper voices.
>Sure, go ahead and try steroids, if you want to >forever damage your
>natural female characteristics, render yourself >illegal for participation
>in recognized sport, and find everyday >shaving a necessity.
>
>This has nothing to do with leading a biologically and functionally >sound
>life as a female human. And yeah, it probably feels great for a >while. But
>I doubt it's an answer.

Here we go again.

First off, I never said or implied that any HRT program or any drug
program
should be considered lightly.  You are correct in stating that
nandrolone is
a synthetic drug and that it's a long way from a natural progesterone.
The
cost/risk factor of synthetic progesterone vs natural progesterone is
something that should definitely be discussed between doctor and
patient
before a HRT program is implemented.  However, in every nandrolone HRT
for
women study to date, side effects are almost always very minimal.

You are mistaken in stating that a proper nandrolone dose will
increase
aggressive tendencies, produce body hair, and deepen voices. These are
typical scare tactics used by people against HRT.  They tell women
that a
low dose of nandrolone will turn them into men.  Nothing could be
further
form the truth.
Virilization occurs only when one of two factors are present:
1. Taking too high of a dose
2. Taking the wrong type of steroid (too much DHT)

Nandrolone is not a DHT (dihydrotestosterone) based steroids like
anavar,
primobolan, winstrol, testosterone cypionate, etc.  It is DHN
(dyhydronortestosterone) based.  So it does not convert to DHT, not
any
dose.

Sure, if a woman takes 200-400mg nandrolone per week (this is a
typical
dosage for the female fitness competitors), then she may notice
virilization.  But at a dosage of, say, 35mg injected once every 6
days,
there will be hardly any virilization 99.9% of the time.

As far as women not being able to compete in a recognizable sport, you
are
again wrong.  If a woman is taking nandrolone at a low dosage for
permanent
HRT, and is under the supervision of a qualified medical professional,
has a
prescription, etc, then she will still be allowed to compete.  There
are a
few exceptions like natural bodybuilding shows and the Olympics.  If
this
applies to the patient, then they will want to take this into
consideration
before using nandrolone.  (BTW, most older women don't compete in
natural
bodybulding or the Olympics so I doubt this is a concern for many.)

Also, Ginny, I was unaware that you were so knowledgeable in what
constitutes a "biologically and functionally sound life as a female
human."
If you have achieved such a pinnacle w/o the use of HRT, then good for
you,
but many women respond well to HRT, especially when it's done
~correctly.~

As far as anecdotal evidence, my grandmother started a HRT program 2
years
ago.  She takes 40mg nandrolone injected once every 12 days.  She has
noticed no virilization.  She has also regained some of her libido at
the
age of 74.  Instead of walking (actually, I would have called it
stumbling)
in the afternoons, she now jogs at a brisk pace. Her immune system has
been
strengthened.  She's lost bodyfat even though she's type II diabetic.
And
she has gained about 4-6lbs of lean tissue from pumping iron.  Not to
mention increased bone density, better emotional function, and all
sorts of
these things.  The quality of her lifestyle has been increased tenfold
so I
doubt she cares much that HRT has "nothing to do with leading a
biologically
and fuctionally sound life as a female human."

You are also mistaken in saying that she will feel "great for a while"
-
implying that her boost is temporary.  I belive she will feel great
for the
rest of your life.

Now that I've just read through your post again, I've found a few
other
comments that irk me as well (ex: women having to shave if they use
HRT).  I
will post again tomorrow with links to studies about nandrolne HRT for
women, recommended books on HRT, and before and after pics of my
grandmother.

Normally I would go thru and tear these types of posts up, but I don't
have
time to gather my references right now, but I will do so tomorrow. :)

Justin Hasselman