From:
krosenth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 16:47:05 -0700
From: "Theola Walden Baker" <[log in to unmask]>

> What would be good restorative, healing-type foods & herbs (&
> supplements/vitamins) for someone with shortness of breath from asthma

Hi, Theola.  You might want to check out Nettle and/or Pau D'Arco.  As with
many plants, these have positive and negative effects.  Although both are
used commonly for asthma, you will want to study them (lots of info
available online) thoroughly before trying them.

When my son was in middle school he began to have some symptoms of chronic
coughing.  The doctor gave him an inhaler, which was only mildly effective
in symptom relief.  I bought some dried herb from the health food store,
made a tea out of it and my son drank it.  The coughing stopped immediately
because his broncial tubes had opened up.  He only had to drink the tea
three or four more times in the next few days and the problem disappeared
forever.   I am sitting here trying to remember whether I gave him Licorice
or Slippery Elm.  Pretty sure it was Slippery Elm.  You might want to do
your homework on it also.   :)

Good luck,
Kath