From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 08:29:48 -0700
In regards to The Origin Diet, Ray Audette said...

>I hope our list members will take the time to respond to the author  >of
>this review at the e-mail address included in the article.  When  >she
>talks of "rabid paleo-dieter" I'm sure she's referring to most of >the
>members of this list.
>
>I also hope Dori sent her press release to this one.

Funny you should mention that.  I've spoken with this woman personally on
several occasions now.  She does, indeed, have our press release; apparently
she has yet to get to it.  She did ask me to use the code word 'paleolithic'
so it would get her attention.  Whether or not she plans to keep an eye on
this phenomenon is beyond me.  She passed on the idea of getting some
counterpoint from the Eades; the review is already done.  But she did say
she'll get to the release.

I, too, highly recommend you write this woman.  In fact, a prodding was on
my list of things to do at the office today.  Here are some tips:

*  Don't get too technical.  We're all able to explain scientific findings
in laymen's terms.  Take this route versus excess Latin.
*  Keep your message short, sweet and to the point.  Too much is too much.
*  Mention other physicians and researchers and cite their work, but
briefly.
*  Do NOT write a letter and send it to other lists, telling people to
forward it to the address.  Mass mailings don't count.  Pass along the
address and tell people to write a letter of thier own.

The more messages she recieves, the more likely she is to wake up and smell
the mammoth.

For real giggles, go to Amazon.com and write a book review.  I did.  I
wonder if they'll run it, though.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO