From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 19:06:40 EDT
Thank you Brad...
My 11.5 month old nursling is walking (running and climbing) and is 23
lbs.!
She just started munching food a few weeks ago, when she stole an
asparagus
spear from my plate and ate the whole thing! Conversely, her big
sister
didn't walk until 13 months, didn't climb much until starting paleo
diet 2
months ago, and was never half as strong as her baby sister is, though
she
too was breastfed exclusively before starting rice cereal. I think
grains,
dairy, soy contaminated my milk. Then she ate the cereal for a few
weeks
beginning at age 4 months...got sick. I never gave her baby cereal
again. I
thought my first baby was unusually healthy, she only had a cold once
and an
intestinal virus once in her infancy. But my Paleo baby, she has never
even
had a sniffle! Today's clear runny nose is the first time. Seems
obvious to
me, paleo babies are healthier by far!!! Good for you for saying NO to
cereal, I wish I'd known better then.

I have to look into getting a food dehydrator. I need to be able to
make
jerky. Wanted to buy it but can't find any uncontaminated. Bah.

Thanks again,
Stacie

I have a 4.5 month old girl who is breastfed and is doing very well.
We
don't plan to start her on solids until she is actually grabbing for
food
and trying to eat it.
BTW, friends and family repeatedly recommend that we start giving her
iron-fortified cereal to ensure that she is getting enough iron and
enough
food.  She is in the 95th percentile for weight (17 lbs) and length
(26
inches), so I don't think nutrition is a problem!