From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 23:29:26 -0700
On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 11:07:06 -0500, Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>My sources of paleo information are Neanderthin, Cordain's book, Protein
>Power, the Beyond Vegetarianism website, and this list.  What other books
>and/or sources am I really missing out on?
>
>How good is Atkin's new book?  How about the Zone?  Any other glaring
>omissions from my repertoire?
>
>Any and all suggestions welcome.

"The Age-Free Zone" by Barry Sears, PhD has lots of information about human
physiology and how it is affected by hormones, blood sugar levels, and so on
(the title is primarily the work of the marketing department at the publisher).

" Fats that Heal and Fats that Kill" by Udo Erasmus, PhD is perhaps essential
reading on nutrition.

" The Cholesterol Myths" by Uffe Ravnskov, PhD will teach you why you should
ignore all statements in the media that start with "studies have shown
that...".

"Lights Out" is poorly written, but some interesting bits of information can be
gleaned from it, if you tune out the pseudo-science in between.

--
Cheers,

Ken