Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2008 17:22:50 -0700
> Thanks for the info Ron.
> Maybe we should start a thread called "cravings" as I think
> it could be very interesting.
> Probably more than I crave sweet, I crave full.  Even my
> sweet cravings seem centered around a feeling of fullness.
> I'm much more likely to crave an oatmeal cookie than a piece
> of candy.  In fact, I find myself craving the fullness that
> comes from grains like oatmeal quite often, especially on a
> paleo diet. I do eat a lot of greens/gabbage etc. to achieve
> that sense of fullness.  But it's never quite the same as
> what you get from pasta, cereal etc.
> gale
  Hi Gale, good idea on the crave thread.

  I don't get into a craving unless I first eat an intolerable food or haven't had enough sleep.  When I get the "crave" I grab an avocado, mayo and poached chicken.  There is a "stop" with protein and fat but not sugar.  The more sugar, the bigger the crave.  If I'm going to eat a yam, which is like dessert to me, I make sure I have pork with it. Lots of it.  Don't know why.  It just works for me.  Oliva

"The human mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions."
  Oliver W.Holmes