From:
Ryan Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 13:33:57 -0400
Here's my paleo-chili recipe
sorry about the vague measurements

Brown 2 lbs of ground beef in a wide skillet
    (keep poking at it w/ a spatula to help separate it)
    I use 85% lean beef (its cheaper)
    after the meat is done, or at least no longer pink,
    pour out the grease. Since I use an Iron skillet I
    can make use of the built-in spout. I hold the meat
    in the skillet with my bacon press
Pour grape juice or red wine in (probably 1 cup)
    when I pour it in, the level of liquid only
    reaches about half the height of the meat.
Sprinkle Ground Red pepper on the top
    I usually cover the whole surface- I like it hot
Sprinkle dried onion bits all over the top too.
    Fresh will work, but I use dried so I wont
    have to chop it up. They will re-constitute
    in the moisture anyway.
Let it cook down a bit, but dont let the juice or
    wine caramelize and burn.
Pour in a medium size jar of tomato sauce. I think its 24oz.
    I use '8-ingredient mushroom tomato sauce' from
    Whole Foods. If you smell it, you'd swear it was
    home made. This is good since you dont have to
    actually make it yourself.
Stir it up- medium heat is ok. If you dont want to mess with
    it, put it on low for 45 min. Regardless,Let it cook down
    UNCOVERED until it is think enough to eat with a fork.

Thats it

Ry