From:
Kimberly Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 21:42:31 -0800
Can I jump in here?  I don't know when refined white flour was in use, but
it had to be after Henry VIII?  Perhaps I'm mistaken.  However, if I'm not,
he certainly is a case in point that obesity is not always related to flour
and sugar intake.  Sometimes, obesity is simply a matter of lifestyle, i.e.
eating too much food and not getting enough exercise.  I'm no expert on
Henry VIII, so I don't know if he attempted to combat his obesity, but even
the bible mentions gluttony as being a sin.  Gluttony will certainly produce
obesity.