Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 04:00:05 +0100
>I am happy
>eating my meat raw but it may not be as important as Dr Bernarr
>believes. Hopefully he will respond to this thread.

The way this thread is going, I agree, pls Mr Bernarr, post. And some facts
please.  Freely asserted, freely denied though.

>>E. coli is quite common not just in meat. If it is so deadly to us why
>are there relatively so few problems with it? You are sounding alarms
>without enough data.

One of the reasons there are so few problems with E. Coli is that most
(all?) commercial products are nuked to death, nothing lives.  Mistakes,
such as the fast food hamburgers loaded with E. Coli killing people, are
attributed to poor food handling and undercooking.  Okay....

The problems that the media report on are pretty serious, are these reports
wrong?  I'd like to believe it is just the conservative press, more of the
food pyramid kind of nonsense. If you have more data, I would like to see
it.  I want to eat raw meat on occasion even if that means taking some
risk, but I'm not ready for suicide yet.

'relatively few problems' I love it.

Data pls.

>If
>you want to know first hand you have to experiment on yourself.

Yes, this is 'research' as I have come to know it, claims of the
establisment to the contrary, ultimately, we do experiment on ourselves.
Many years ago I ate raw commercial meat on occasion with no problems.
Things are different nowadays.  I think the emphasis on immediate profits,
politics, and the usual excuses which may be true, e.g. poor food handling,
contributes to many of today's present problems in all food areas.  So I
want more information and not only from the press and not from, so far, the
unsupported claims of the post in question.  Anyone for Ehret or
Kulvinskas?  (To name a couple of good ole super health pros with more
enthusiasm than substance).

Mr. Karas, you have posted several times that you have eaten raw meat and
as listowner, you have more than average credibility in my eyes. I have
thought about your posts a great deal, esp. as they are infrequent, and
relevant to my interests.  I am more than a little hesitant about jumping
back into eating raw meat, yet.  Anecdotal 'evidence' has merit for me when
I respect the source as here.  Somehow though, I think there is more
information here than is immediately available.  Touchy subject even
without the vigor of some of the recent posts.

I like scientific data along with the 'voice of experience,' the anecdotal.

It will be Q1 of the next millenium before I will be again physically
active enough to 'experiment on myself,' as you say, but which I will, one
way or another.  I hope to report positive results, paleofoodwise, but I
don't have the zealot's approach, more facts less hype for me.  T'is not
good to be sedentary when it comes to food, whatever one eats.

Good eating and best regards,

Thomas