From:
Gary Beckwith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 14:21:50 EST
Hi, I just joined the list about a week ago and wanted to say hello.
First I wanted to say that this is one of the best lists of the various
lists I've been on in the past.  I have been on some lists and just had my
mailbox filled with flame after flame (usually it's the same 2 or 3 people),
 and quoting pages and pages of posts, and if anyone complained, the
reponse was "tough"  -- use your delete button.  But who wants to go
through 35-50 emails every day, deleting half of them?   So I really like
the fact that there is a  moderator on this list  who screens posts, and
that quotes are kept to a minimum.  It really makes a difference.

My name is Gary and I live in New York City.  I've been on the Atkins diet
for about a month.  Went on it to lose weight and lower blood pressure.
Once I gave up all the cereal grains, I felt so much better.  I wondered
why.  I had almost chronic diarreah and rashes.  Both gone now.  I feel
much better emotionally and mentally too.  Like a new person.  I guess
there's a good chance I am gluten intolerant, cause the rash and diarreah
are both common symptoms of it, from what I've learned.  Even though I am
really more a low-carb dieter rather than a paleo dieter,  I am seriously
considering going full paleo. I have read Neanderthin and Protein Power,
and the Atkins book.   Basically the only thing I eat that's not paleo is
cheese, and I do some drink wine.  Anyway, I really like the posts so far,
and I've just ordered a dehydrator and am looking forward to making beef
jerky and pemmican, and learning more about this diet.

Take care,
Gary