From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 14:30:47 -0600
>> They have adapted
>> over time to the cold by a natural increase in capillary
>> bloodflow to their extremities.
>>
>> I don't think it is directly related to diet.

>I have the experience of outdoor camping  trip in winter
>for 3 months along the rockymountain range .I made only one
>fire and ate raw dried fruits and nuts ,honey and salt mostly
>almost no animal fat. and yes i adapted to cold ( subzero at
>all time and minus 25 celsius at the

I believe we are talking about different adaptations here.
The Inuit (as well as other extreme cold inhabitants) have
genetically adapted in various ways to their environment.
I have no doubt that an improved diet will help one handle
extreme cold better, but it is not a substitute for being
born with the right genes.

If I remember correctly from a prior post on this list, the
Inuit have a somewhat different enzyme profile than the average
white North American, allowing them to better process their
dietary.