From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 05:13:03 +0100
>I wonder if paleo's for all. I seem to do rather well on very low-fat (with
>limited carbs, such as Scarsdale). I never got tested for cholesterol and
>such, however.
>
>Also: could race or ancestry play a part in how one thrives on a diet? I
>know the time frame is uncomparable, but still.
>
>:Medusa:

Hiya: I think that it might help to look beyond weight loss and think
that
possibly eating the way people seem to be designed to eat will move
you
toward the way you were designed to be. It's pretty hard to gain
weight, or
to NOT lose it, if you don't eat a lot of carbs. It's easy to keep
from
being hungry if you eat enough fat and protein, and you simply cannot
gain
fat that way.
That said, I think there are body types that are "thicker" than
others,
depending on your direct heredity and racial background. But I think
you
can get to where you are healthy by eating Paleo; good, reasonable,
nutritious Paleo with adequate fat and lots of raw foods. Then you can
at
least tell what you are designed to look like.
When you look at the protection from disease, the hormonal and mental
well-being, the energy levels and freedom from starvation that Paleo
brings, weight loss as a goal pales a bit, I think.

ginny and Tomo

All stunts performed without a net!