Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 2010 17:24:52 -0500
Ken O'Neill wrote:
> it
> ignores emerging understanding of human physiology. Some amount of
> high fiber carbs make the engine run at optimum, especially that
> large gland we call the brain.

I'm not aware of such understanding, and the Inuit do OK even now after
millennia of close to zero carb.

What we might presently call optimum function looks like credulous to me.

 >If you're doing ZC William, I'm curious to learn what you daily caloric
 >demand amounts to and in relation to what specific physical demands.

I'm doing raw zero carb, which I think must have been the actual
paleolithic diet; this on the evidence of the well nigh miraculous
healing that has happened to me and others who tried it, and continue.
See the "Testimonial" post.

Caloric demands - I carry firewood into the house, this used to be hard
labour when I ate carbs, and shovel lots of snow, also used to be hard
on the heart. Now, it is to laugh. I no longer even have to mouth breath
when I do either. Chronic back pain all gone!!!  :D
None of the so-call diseases of aging.  (nock, nock)
This takes ~one pound of soft jerky from grass-finished ground beef
generously buttered with tallow, occasional eggs. And of course a few
cups coffee, and many cigarettes. Water.
That's it for physical stuff - I've read that mental activity takes
something like 40% of calories, and I'm still learning. Nobody measures
that anyway AFAIK.

I avoid the machinations of modern medicine and other superstitions, so
no numbers are available except blood pressure - that's reverted to the
same as when I was 17.

William