From:
Marianne Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:05:32 -0400
Richard said:

Flaxseed oil is very, very unstable. I buy Barleans that is dated and always
refrigerated, and I only buy very close to the manufacture date. I freeze it
at home rather than keeping it in the refrigerator.

That's a good point about the dating. I picked Barlean's because the dates
indicate it's only good for about three months. Other brands I looked at had
dates that indicated the oil was good for one or two years, which surprised
me since I read you can only make it last six months if you freeze it, and
everything i looked at was only refrigerated.