From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:32:41 -0700
>BTW I'm nor shure how you could eat carbs without protein.
>Not in nature, and not as simple grain farmer
>(Wheat is 12% protein lentils 28%).

Ever heard of Coke, Pepsi, Twizzlers, Candy Corn, Kool Aid, Skittles, etc.?
Westerners are eating carbs without protein day in and day out. While such
"delights" as Twinkies and Little Debbie Fudge Rounds do have flour, the
actual amount of bleached wheat found in these foodstuffs would barely
generate a blip on the protein radar screen.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO