From:
"Aaron D. Wieland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 21:11:02 -0500
Mark Moore wrote:
>I am weak in assessing how effeciently my body is digesting its food.
>How specifically do you monitor the process?

It's nothing sophisticated.  Raw food can pass through my digestive tract
(to put it euphemistically) very quickly, before it has had a chance to be
properly digested, and tends to cause gas and abdominal pressure.  Of
course, careful chewing can reduce these problems.

>I don't want to misrepresent the Diamonds--I don't believe they ever
>suggested eating raw meat.  I do remember them recommending eating raw
>eggs (versus cooked eggs) and raw vegetables.

I would be very surprised if the Diamonds had recommended raw meat, since
they advocated a vegetarian (or mostly vegetarian) diet (I haven't actually
read their books, but that was my impression).

Thank you for sharing the results of your experiments with us.

Cheers,
-- Aaron Wieland