From:
Kenneth Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 2009 16:47:58 -0500
To more or less repeat the Cordain view, an alkaline diet helps fight
cancer.  Our acidic diets and environments are the main contributors
to all disease. For necessary reactions and functions to occur, our
body must maintain a proper pH. This involves adequate alkaline
reserves in the form of acid-buffering minerals (magnesium, potassium,
zinc, etc), adequate oxygen, and water. When an alkaline environment
is present, our immune system works better which can help repair
damage done.  Two books have been recommended by various people. One
is "The Acid-Alkaline Food Guide" by Dr. Susan Brown. And also "The
Paleo Diet" by Dr. Loren Cordain.

Cordain of course says that a blanket restriction of all types of
carbohydrates is a big mistake because antioxidants, phytochemicals
and fiber are great allies in fighting cancer, heart disease and
osteoporosis.  Not starchy grains etc. but low glycemic fruits and
vegetables.

And  Cordain agrees that high protein diets-- the lean meat and fish
variety-- do improve insulin metabolism and have prolonged survival in
people with cancer, among many other benefits.

Ken