From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:49:01 -0800
>         I seriously doubt if your intellect is
> limited but through your own

<snip>

> that you reason from a point of an inside out
> wholistic approach.

Since I am a reductionist, let's cut right to the
chase :) Are you in the camp that believes germs,
viruses, and bacteria can and do cause disease (or a
disease response)? Or are you in the camp that
believes viruses and germs are merely a by-product of
a diseased condition? (Please note that I did not say
ALWAYS cause disease, but CAN cause disease).

If you are in the first group, then the answer to all
of your previous questions would be that the plague
victims were, for whatever reason, in such a
vulnerable state that the introduction of the
infectious agent into their environment easily caused
a widespread disease reaction. Their immune systems
did not function well enough to fight of the
infections.

If you are in the second group, then I cannot give you
a response that makes any sense. I simply cannot
comprehend how a dietary mis-function could so
methodically spread throughout a population as to make
it appear to be a plague.

By the way (in my opinion) human intellect is
reductionist by default. As we think, we "decompose"
that which we are thinking about until we understand
it. We may then "recompose" it into the original or
into something else.