From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 22:58:24 MST
Hi, Sam!

You said...

>I've lived most of my 30+ years on a traditional Indian diet, rice,
>lentils,
>kidney beans, chick peas, whole wheat roti, low fat boiled meats etc...
>and did very badly.  I was constantly hungry,
>run down, tired.  When I started Atkins I tried the low fat version and
>felt even worse.  I feel great on high fat, though.

How you feel is the best test of what's right for you.  I forget your first
post, but if you're looking to lose weight, high fat/moderate protein/low
carb is a great formula.  This might not sit well with some listers, not to
mention John Q. Public, but it's true.  I know; it works very well for me.

Good fats include avacados (yum!) nuts and nut butters (I like macadamia
butter) and, yes, good animal fat.  For example, if you can afford better
meats (grass fed) you don't have to worry about hormones and other problems
with commercially raised meat.  Also eat plenty of salmon (and other fish I
forget but don't care for); it's got lots of Omega 3 fats.  I know other
listers will tell you more.  Glad you're here!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO