From:
Erik Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:44:57 -1000

> Butt shaped - which before we became bipedal WAS the target.  Animals -
> including humans before they became civilized and decided to talk during
> sex - use rear entry almost exclusively.  BUTTS were the target, so
> BUTT-shaped would be the visual trigger.

human breasts simply don't resemble butts.  They just don't look like a
butt!  And since humans seem to prefer "vv" sex (ventral-vetral, if I
remember correctly, meaning front-to-front) it makes no sense why we
would be interested especially in butts.  Naturally, human's do it every
which way from Sunday, so to speak, but front-to-front sex is the kind
usually tried for the first time by new mating pairs, and seems to be
ingrained.  there are some studies Ill see if I can find.

>> "Well" formed certain shapes display actual prosperity and youth.
>
> Ah!  You're giving a great deal of credit to the discrimination of the
> male mammal!  Females give more credence to prosperity and youth than
> males.  Males tend to just spray seed and hope for the best.  :)  Sperm
> is a pretty cheap commodity and males can afford to have a few seed land
> on fallow ground.  I do NOT mean this in a sexist or demeaning way -
> HONEST. It's a numbers game.

This is very shaky ground.  While it true that many male mammals do try
this strategy (including a few of our own! :) ) human males are much
more complicated, as are humans in general.  The numbers game isn't "who
can make the most babies" but "who can generate the most successful
lines of descent".  If you want numbers, you may well do better by
focusing your courting and mating efforts to the most viable women,
and/or generating a small number of young who are then carefully cared
for.  The strategies are different based on social class, number of
tribemates, ratio of men to women, and so on.  There is a whole field,
"Evolutionary Psychology" dedicated to this.  It does NOT come down to,
"the guy who gets laid most wins".

Erik