From:
WADE REESER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 17:57:42 -0400
I'm no expert but have been SLD for 20 days now.  Unfortunately, I
havent been able to locate a copy of the book yet so I'm not sure
all Anchell has to say about the diet.  I got the basics of the
diet from the list.  Unfortunately I neither measured or weighed
myself at the beginning of the diet.  I have lost over 'a belt notch'
in 2 weeks, from somewhat tight at 5 to a loosish 4 notch.  I purchased
the software Diet Power over the weekend more of interest to track
nutrients and such but have started weighing myself.  Also, I ordered
and just recieved MyoTape for circumference measurements and a body
fat caliper to give that a go. I am inexperienced with the caliper
but hope to check it against body circumference measurement fat
analysys via  http://www.mybodycomp.com/

Besides the diet I have restarted some weightlifting that I had to stop
due to a knee dislocation last December.  As low carb diets tend to
conserve lean mass and weightlifting tends to help, I dont think
I a losing much lean.  It will be interesting to really test this
'feeling' with some body comp analysis.  Like I said, wish I would
have done this all at the start :)

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:25:26 +0000, Wally Day wrote:

> For those of you experienced with the SLD:
>
> 1. Pyruvate.
<snip!>  Theory about pyruvate sounds pretty sketchy to me both ways.  I 'seem'
to be losing faster following this diet however compared to
my usual low carb approach.  But I'm also being stricter with my diet
to give it a fair shake.  So who knows in my case :)

> 2. Body fat. Anyone on the diet have your body fat tested? I assume
<snip!>  Starting to objectively measure.  Subjectively, most of my
weight seems to be coming off my waist, but that is also where I tend
to carry my fat.  Weightlifting may help conserve lean mass. I'm getting
stronger right now, but then everyone does when starting up (again).

> 3. Maintenance. Does Anchell have a maintenance phase following the
No idea, would be interested to here what Anchell has to say.  In my
experience, I have a fairly easy time with maintenance with a low carb
approach.  I can overeat (feast) a time or two a week without affecting
my weight up or down.  Over time tho, I tend to creep up in increments.
My injury had a bad effect over about 6 months on my weight unfortunately.

> 4. Cycling. Have any of you tried cycling between the SLD and a more <snip!>
After another 3-4 weeks on SLD I think I am going to give the
Metabolic Diet a go.  It is a cyclic low carb/high carb diet similar
to NHE and others.  To me it has a good combo of benefits and with the
occasional high carb feedings may be a good diet for me where I dont
feel deprived at times.

    Wade